Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 3:
When my sister announced her pregnancy my mom and stepdad noticed my little brothers sudden need for extra attention. Their remedy for this was to buy him a hamster which he named Fluffy. Fluffy and my brother got along great. Fluffy was his new best friend and his allowance quickly went to toys for Fluffy. Two months ago my sister had come over for dinner and was very pregnant. She and my brother had been upstairs together when my brother started screaming at my mom, "OMG she is having a baby!!!" Naturally, my mom freaked out and ran up stairs to tend to my sister. Put off by my sisters laugh my mother slowed her pace up the stairs and entered my brother's bedroom where she found Fluffy not my sister having a baby. They had unknowingly bought a pregnant hamster. My brother had picked Fluffy out because well she was extra "fluffy".  
 One Hamster had quickly turned into four and my brother demanding to keep them all. My mother frantically called all the classrooms at his elementary school asking if them needed a class pet. After multiple people agreed to adopt and then fell through my mom was not very happy with the hamsters. In turn, Fluffy wasn't very happy with my brother. Fluffy had become very territorial and protective  of her babies biting anyone who put a pinky in the cage.  When the babies were old enough they were put up for adoption. My brother decided he would rather have a nice hamster and have someone else adopt Fluffy (I thought that was really mean!). Now he has Hammy the new light of his life. He loves Hammy even more than he had Fluffy.
This morning I woke up to an awful banging noise coming from the bathroom. My brother had been in the shower and I suspected he had fallen. I call out and no answer, I asked my sister if she knew what it was and she laughed. In the bathroom was my brother showering and Hammy rolling in her ball running into every counter, the toilet, etc. I asked my brother about it and he said that it was the best time for Hammy to exercise. So now I know to not panic whenever I hear a large banging sound coming from the bathroom; it is not someone in need but rather a hamster getting her exercise.




Books:
Bossypants by: Tina Fey
I laughed so much at this (I listened to the audiobook rather than read the book). It is classic Tina Fey including her witty opinions on the television industry, thoughts on motherhood, etc. all told through a first person memoir. I enjoyed the audiobook because she was the voice and tailored it as necessary (including jokes about audiobooks and a sound bite from he impression of Sarah Palin).  

No comments:

Post a Comment